Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Steve Madden Was ... Sued!?!?




Take a close look, at the shoes above; A real close look.... well, any differences? The shoe on the right is a Balenciaga original and the one on the left is a Steve Madden knockoff. And for this reason Balenciaga is suing Steve Madden for "copying and infringement". In the fall of 2007 Balenciaga released these Lego inspired shoe, and by the start of 2008 Steve Madden released its shoe with an undeniable resemblance to Balenciaga for only $100. Which was a steal being that Balenciaga shoe retailed for $4175. Balenciaga isn't the only one suing Steve Madden, Alexander McQueen is also filing suit for the copying of its Black Faithful Bootie.
(Image Via)

1 comment:

  1. I love Steve Madden as much as anybody else. And I'm not gonna lie...I have a number of his designs in my closet but some of his stuff lately is just down right questionable... the line in the sand between fashion forward/chic and just down right ugly has sadly been washed away by the blatant atrocities appearing one after the other in stores and online. As for this lawsuit, it really doesn't surprise me. I feel like I've seen some of the steve madden designs before. Then again, how original can a designer really get before we're quick to point the copy cat finger? I dunno.. just let the shoe be!!

    Fashion Anon.

    ReplyDelete